Alpaca Fiber & Pima Coton
Peruvian Raw Materials
Peru is a country where you can find different products in a natural environment. Some of them are food and different kind of ecological products.
We are very proud of also have a land where you can fine natural fibers where designers from all over the world use to produce the most elegant and sophisticated products, specially with 2 of our most finest and soft yarns such as Alpaca and Pima Cotton.
We also have a variety of Silver and Gold as many other popular and well known materials. We have to thank our land and Country to give us this wonderful materials and become of one of the most rich countries in natural products in the world.
Here we would like to explain more of the Natural Fibers that The Best Of Peru wants to promote:
Alpaca is a South American Camel who lives in the Andes approximately 3500 high of feet. The alpacas need this environment and the Ichu which is a plant that only grows there, to give their hair an added value, providing it the softness and warm hair, that later will become a yarn to produce the most exclusive garments.
Alpaca comes in 22 gorgeous natural colors ranging from white to true black and including delicate beiges, vicuna-like fawns, luscious rich browns and a full range of greys. For those who want other colors, alpaca accepts dye beautifully.
SOME WONDERFUL CHARACTERISTICS THAT ALPACA FIBER:
- Alpaca is a versatile, warm, strong, water resistant fiber .
- Almost indestructible, fine woven alpaca garments in remarkably good condition have recently been discovered in Peruvian ruins dating back 2500 years. Just think how long your new alpaca sweater will last!.
- Alpaca clothing is extremely healthy and comfortable to wear. The absence of lanolin and other oils in the fleece and its extraordinary fineness of handle mean that alpaca garments are both hypoallergenic and luxuriously soft on your skin. When you put on an alpaca sweater, you will immediately notice the absence of the scratchy "prickle" found in garments made of more coarse fibers.
Peruvian Pima Cotton grows in a good environment in the north coast of Peru, the weather conditions there permits that roots are good and the softness and luxurious of this wonderful yarn reflects all valuable qualities to produce exquisite garments.
SOME WONDERFUL CHARACTERISTICS THAT PIMA COTTON HAS ARE:
- Softer and more absorbent than other cottons.
- Ideal growing conditions in coastal Peru create the best quality. pima cotton in the world.
- Due to its extra-long 1-3/8" staple length, Peruvian pima cotton. is especially soft, durable, and highly resistant to pilling.
- Environmentally friendly hand-harvesting results in brilliant white fibers which dye beautifully and are free from scratchy impurities.
- Perfect for those who suffer from allergies or those with sensitive skin.